Thursday, June 08, 2006

Rain rain go away


Monsoon is here and along with it come so many memories. Firstly, of me standing at the bus stop, waiting for the school bus. I hated waiting here cause it would rain, and my feet would get wet and dirty all the time. And there would be some tiny green worm dangling on a tree above my head, and I would notice it only when it reached low enough to bend and kiss my me.

As if this wasnt scary enough, when we reached school, the two lunch halls would seem like devil's garden. Carcasses of earth worms would be strewn all around the lunch halls. Lunch time would be a time when all would fight to sit at the centre of the hall else you would have to sit on water and have earthworms for lunch. How I hated the rains then.

But as I grew older in school, the number of earthworms seemed to be decreasing. Rains seemed to do away with whatever was old and bring in the new - with new hope, a new year, new books, and new shoes. Everything in the past academic year would remain forgotten.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yuck... Earthworms for lunch.. :(

Rains are fun.. I suggest having rain vacations also just like summer vacations.. :) then it will be fun..

Hate getting wet in the rain when your all dressed and leaving for work.. its sad..

2:33 PM  
Blogger Tabs said...

@ big fish,
monsoon is a big vacation by itself

6:32 PM  
Blogger pisku said...

hmm... I remember getting totally lost playing in the muddy puddle during rain!
It's almost magical!
U still detest the rain always??

8:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to hate the rains when I was a kid too! Coz rains meant the end of vacations and boring school! And then again rains meant no going out to play :(

Of course now I love the rains...so long as i am at home and not out there of course...hehe. There is something about feeling the spray on your face and seeing it pour outside while you cosy up inside! :)

Cute post!

12:19 AM  
Blogger Tabs said...

@ pisku,

no i dont detest the rains now. though i prefer staying indoors to watch it.

@ alex,

;)glad u liked the post. the feeling of staying indoors and cosying up to a book or watching a nice film while it pours outside is definitely great!!

11:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

eeksss...earthworms

yeah rains do remind me of a new class..new bag..books.....i used to be most excited about my pencil box...loaded with new kewl stuff :-)

Miss Mumbai Rains...have spent 13 yrs of my life there...

11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh im craving for d monsoons up here! :P

1:16 AM  
Blogger ThisIsMe said...

A truly vivid account of ur childhood memories!! Keep up d gud wrk!

9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have always loved the monsoons. Even now when it starts pouring, I go out and play in the rain. Its so much fun.

I remember I used to make paper boats. The rain used to wash away all my sorrows.

But now, these friggin studies have killed me. On top of that, monsoon is yet to enter Chandigarh. DAMN!!

2:03 PM  
Blogger ThisIsMe said...

hehe ... i liked wat mithunum wrote

8:37 PM  
Blogger Meenakshi said...

Cute one .made me nostalgic!!

3:24 PM  
Blogger pradeep said...

yeah monsoon creates everlasting memories...me back with a new post

4:33 PM  
Anonymous pradip said...

me back with a new postL:-)

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home