There is something about a Mallu wedding

This post is not to ridicule my fellow brethren.
Today as I was listening to music on the Media Player Library, I came across this song which sounded veery veery familiar. It was Kenny G's Havana. Now I have this thing with books and movies. I like reading a book once and watching a movie once. When it comes to songs I have my "Alltime favourite" and "Alltime obnoxious list".
Kenny G's Havana is a good song but overplaying can kill any tune. I think it is high-time they stop playing the following songs at Mallu (or any other) wedding receptions:
Havana - Kenny G
Oh Carol - by whomever
Cecilia - (if you are born in the 70's it doesnt mean you have to act like a flower child)
Macarena - (what has this song got to do with a wedding or love or whatever?)
Mysterious girl - (this is probably OK for arranged marriages)
Killing me softly - (this is for the DJ)
Congratulations - (please stop, this is killing me)
Living La Vida Loca - (it is a heinous crime to play this for a reception)
Life is a roller coaster - (oh yeah..)
Hotel California - (?)
If you wanna be my lover - (yes iv heard this)
If you still don't find a good DJ...call me!!

16 Comments:
absolutely hilarious......
i totally agree.....
babe de DJ played most of these songs at me office party... till i act'lly threatened him 2 play some better songs!!!
@ sree,
u don wanna even hear what the DJ played for MY office party!!!
hey thabi...
this was real thought provoking stuff... i never paid attention to the finer details in those songs!!!
it was a nice awakening!!!
i vil keep this in mind for my wedding :-D
keep blogging n enlightening the ignorants
hey good post tabs...seriously wat is the purpose of playing these songs at a wedding reception...not only mallu...but even punju....
@ dave,mehak
glad u liked the post
@ dave,
yes, do keep it in mind for ur wedding
call DJ Tabs
Hee hee ..
I am sure the wedding was a lot of fun!!!
hee hee
im thinkin of seein a mallu .. but now u makin me reconsider it !!! :P
thanks for droppin by! u got a nice blog here :D
Eureka!! U inspire me gal!! Here is the playlist thats gonna play for my wedding -
Hell Awaits by Slayer
For whom the bells toll by Metallica
Bring your daughter to the slaughter by Iron Maiden
Get the message! LOL!!
I am back btw...not running around yet but atleast just about begun to walk.
Long time...how have you been doing??
@ alex
ROTFL
Excellent, love it! » »
Very nice site! » »
viagra generique 2007 viagra hmo natural herbs used as viagra viagra no prescription how long does viagra last viagra rx buy sublingual viagra online viagra blood pressure buy viagra australian viagra and cialis viagra or cealis does viagra really work cost of viagra buying viagra
Heyy I love your articles.Very very thought provoking.
Post a Comment
<< Home