Monday, January 23, 2006

My Space

This post probably doesnt make much sense to you but it made much sense to me.

The most beautiful place in the world in my eyes - is definitely my building terrace. Went up there on Saturday and I saw a few kites flying. Some glazed, some plain. I felt like flying a kite too, then changed my mind, it could hurt some birds.

The terrace is essentially my place. I am probably the only person who goes up there. Or probably the only person who has (or makes) the time to go there. I can't imagine how people go through their lives neglecting the most beautiful things in it. What do they live for?

The terrace is also the one place I love listening to U2 or Creed and watch the airplanes fly. I love watching airplanes here especially at night and count them.

But what I like most about the terrace is that this place gives me a sense of what 'zero hour' is. The past, present and the future really don't matter here. Because everything seems the same.

Once I sat up a whole night to watch a comet shower here but couldnt watch it thanks to the cloud covers. The next comet shower came a day previous to my exam. I watched the whole comet shower but I flunked the exam the next day. :)

I could go on writing forever about this place. So I'd rather stop here.

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

seems will have to plan a trip to ur terrace

5:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nostalgia trip babe! coupla times whn we've sat ther n tlked...n ofcourse the awesome duplex? apartmnt in de next buildin...n tridev apts while it ws being constructed!

sree

7:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Russ : i get airport runway view frm my terrace :D:D majja comes 2c it...

11:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

terraces were meant for fun during our times ... we would play games on the terrace... sit around .. chat .. even booze ;)

cant help but notice ... U2 .. :)

6:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Terrace is be the best place to watch the meteorites fall... The highest place to make your wish...

Though my wishes never came true but my love for the star gazing kept increasin..

Nice post...

2:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@ sree,

ya the duplex was awesome! even the view of tridev. one gr8 place.

11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@ mehak
sure!!

@ russ,
gr8 for u russ!

@ shailen,
i wont do that

5:51 PM  
Blogger Tarun said...

After 'Happy hour' came to know about new hour i.e. 'Zero Hour'

Thanks for visiting me.

8:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is no concept of terrace here, so I surely miss it more than anything. We used to even sleep on terrace during hot summer months in Agra. I have so many memories there...

6:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i guess you look for solitude..it just happens that you get it on terrace..isn't it ??

9:47 AM  
Blogger David Antony said...

ha...nice place Thabi..i mean 'your place'...i've got a 'my place' too..its the banks of Powai lake....the greener side of it from inside IIT.i just go and sit on the banks, with the forest behind me, the lake in front of me, serenity around me, and my thoughts rushing down in cascades to give me wonderful company.. Well, such moments cannot be described in words...they have to be felt thru....so have a gr8 time at ur place n i, obviously, will have a wonderful time at mine...au revoir

11:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The best thing about my present hostel is the open skies.....having lived my entire life in different,beutiful cities with a beautiful (slow)pace of life..the open skies remind me of my home and loved ones...

The sky ...the stars...thand ki dhoop ...and asmaan mein patang...Yeah u surely are lucky to have all the 'space' for yourself.

Cheerios!!

2:55 PM  
Blogger Tabs said...

@ dave,

it is gr8 to have a place for yourself in this concrete jungle. people are so busy these days that they have no time for themselves.

1:01 PM  
Blogger Tabs said...

@ ss,
yes a bit of solitude

@ nids,
ya im sure lucky to have this whole space for myself.
you are lucky to find some open environments around your hostel area too.

1:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... voip systems adventure math games Car rentals salaspils game park Classy mature secretary

4:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! gay smooth body builders tv decoders fo xp butt really vibrator

4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home