Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Mad Hatter and the Transistor Radio

Today morning as I was coming to work on a bus there was a traffic jam. Someone was lying on the road and the police were asking him to get up. I looked out of the bus thinking that there has been an accident..only to see this man lay on his back,with his legs up in the air folded along with his hands - to form a queer sort of 'sashtang namaskar' to the Gods above. Now everyone witnessing this spectacle was laughing.

Devidayal road (where I stay), has its share of mad men too. The most prominent being this one man who is dressed like a rag picker..normally seen behind the B.M.C's waste dumping ground and the nearby alleys.

When I was in school I was extremely terrified of this man. Now however I have got used to seeing him. He sleeps under a tree or near the gutter. He is pretty harmless.

When the rains began I wondered what he would do. Last week while returning home I saw him walk across the road. There was a large gunny bag balanced on his head and in his hand there was a transistor radio. Something to keep him company during these boring rainy days.









Your #1 Match: INFP




The Idealist

You are creative with a great imagination, living in your own inner world.
Open minded and accepting, you strive for harmony in your important relationships.
It takes a long time for people to get to know you. You are hesitant to let people get close.
But once you care for someone, you do everything you can to help them grow and develop.

You would make an excellent writer, psychologist, or artist.


13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The way you write is pretty cool. I mean you observe pretty well and then put it to words in even better way. Yea, there are these kinds of people all over the world, I guess...sad but true...:(

2:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks ricky! that was really nice of u!

2:46 PM  
Blogger DenziL said...

Last time it was Raju and now its the mad hatter....

They are all common people we come across everyday....But we just glance at them..and then carry on with our work...

It was nice to read this post....

11:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really wonder how these people just manage to survive like this. Living on and on....taking each day at a time!

Nicely written!

And hey...i tried out that test....turned out i am an idealist too!

:)

2:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...and many of these people are actually quite content! Which is what amazes me I suppose!

8:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes very true, if every1 was normal, life wud be so boring. and every1 has a bit of eccentricity within them, some are just scared to reveal it.

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes it is very amusing but very true.

9:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey glad u took the test. it was a fun test.
and thanks again!

10:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes somehow these simple people we come across everyday in our lives teach us many things. and they amuse us too.

10:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Russ : u live in a very interesting neighbourhood :P

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks russ!

7:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP Fad diet lose weight

12:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! certified financial planning http://www.chrysler-car-stereo.info http://www.chubby9.info/The-simson-toon-porn.html Herbal anti depressant

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home