Sunday, April 03, 2005

Last Weekend

I didnt have any Easter or Holi celebrations this time.Didnt go for night mass either(boo hoo!).That was cause on Friday, day before Holi my Mom got hit on her head by a water balloon(the size of a milk packet).So there was lots of work to be done at home.Anyways my Mom is ok now,however the Doc said,if the wound had been deeper she would be dead or paralysed by now.

It is sad that the Pope, John Paul the second has passed away.I had initially thought that the illness would fade away.Here is a picture of the Pope in his younger days.




I watched Shrek2 at home recently.And I think this is an awesome movie!The animations are amazing.And the "Far Far Away Idol" at the end of the movie is hillarious too.There is an animated Simon Cowell here judging the charachters.

After watching it thrice myself, I forced my Dad to sit and watch it.After the first ten minutes he asked me, Why did they make the protagonist of the movie so ugly?I looked at him and said ,"Dad thats the whole point!The movie is trying to say that you neednt look like Cindy Crawford or Brad Pitt to be loved.Amor Vincit Omnia! (Love conquers All)"

My Dad didnt watch much of the film though.Later when my friends Nonu & Tanu(in 6th std. and jr.KG respectively) came home,I drageed them to watch the movie.The movie started and they absolutely loved, I thought to myself.Atleast kids can appreciate good art without having their prejudices come to the fore.

Fifteen minutes pass and Nonu tells me can you fast forward it. I forward it a bit and then comes the scene where Shrek & Fiona take their good looking human form. Nonu cries , Stop!

Then we watched the whole film.The kids loved it.

Why are we humans obsessed with Fairy Tale Endings?

26 Comments:

Blogger ..:: J ::.. said...

I love Shrek 1 & 2.. well.. i think animated movies are way better than a lot of regular movies any way..

And Fairy-Tale endings..i guess they signal hope for the grim realities for most of us ...and hope... is always good :)

11:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Russ : @#&&% @#&&%&^ dieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee i not seen shrek 2 still #(*$*@#

11:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

new post.......

11:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i enjoyed watching both shrek 1 n 2...n am obsessed with AND THEY LIVED HAPPILY EVER AFTER.......hey this doggie stuff is chooo chweet

11:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i heard bout a similar water balloon incident..n the person who was targeted was on his bike...n he died on the spot....holi sux......

11:42 PM  
Blogger ..:: J ::.. said...

yep, i think they should stop the water-balloon thing.. or MIT Folks come up with some tech that makes balloons explode a centimetre before impact...

12:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your mom's injury. Some people just take "Holi" celebrations too far. My mom also used to worry a lot about ballons hitting at wrong spot like ears or head could cause serious damage. I wish your mom speedy recovery and good health.

Since yesterday the only news on TV has been about Pope John Paul's passing. It's sad but he lead a good life and did a lot for humanity.

I loved Shrek 1 & 2. They really do good spoof. I loved the "Puss: the cat" charachter played by Banderas. Do you remember the scene where the hair ball get stuck in his throat. That was just hilarious.

I know it's hard to make our dad's watch movie than kids...he he.

We love fairy tale endings because in real life it does'nt happen like that so atleast in movies we want a happy ending.

1:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sure ur mum is doing much better now. Nayway, about the fairytale endings in movies.... why would anyone pay money to watch sadness and gloom, as if there is nt enough in their lives already.

5:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm .sorry for the incident with ur mom ..but water ballooning is fun in general...have been celebrating with water balloons since the last 21 yrs or so but haven't witnessed any untoward incidents yet

regarding movies,well ,me not an admirer of animated movies ..so cant comment

2:04 PM  
Blogger Tabs said...

2j :glad u like animated movies.i guess it is a lot of hard work for all the artists who make them.

2:30 PM  
Blogger Tabs said...

2 russ: better catch shrek2 .its awesome!

2:32 PM  
Blogger Tabs said...

2 mehak: hey i loved both shrek 1&2! the movies r awesome! n its very funny too!

well the holi incident u described was really scary.

ppl really r irresponsible these days!

2:34 PM  
Blogger Tabs said...

2jai: hey jai my moms doing fine now! e glad!

2:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoever is gonna be the next Pope will have a huge challenge before him.

Considering the fact that the church finds itself under attack from various quarters, the new Pope will have a thin line to tread.

He would not want to be too liberal and alienate the conservatives who are against Abortion, homosexuality, and such other issues. On the other hand choosing a conservative path and maintaining status quo would mean that more and more young people with unorthodox views would begin moving away from the church.

Not a very enviable task

2:48 PM  
Blogger Tabs said...

2 ricky:

hey my moms fine now!

btw i loved the puss in boots charchter too...played by antonio banderas!

it was hillarious!

my fav charachter in shrek1 was the donkey played by eddie murphy..he was so funny

2:48 PM  
Blogger pisku said...

good to hear ur mom's fine. ME loved shrek esp the adorable donkey. n about the happy endings....donno why but tis true

2:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Talking about Shrek2, I havent seen the whole movie but I love that scene of that Puss begging Shrek to take him along with him.

That scene was adorable hahahaa

In any case these movies are a pleasant change from the Walt Disney type handsome Prince meets chic Princess!!

And talking about fairy tale endings....I guess its just an escape from reality.

Look at serials like "Jassi....."

WHen was the last time you seen someone remotely similar to that character.

Yet people still love it.....why....simply because they identify with the underdog and the knowledge that in the Soap world good always truimphs in the end

2:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sad bout the holi part...
shrek2 dekhna hai ....

8:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tabs 2 alex: yes i know tackling these issues is goin to be a monumental task for the new pope

11:19 AM  
Blogger DenziL said...

I hope ur mother is fine now...wishing her a speedy recovery...

Well.. regarding Shrek2...it is a good movie but not that great as compared to some great animation movies like Dumbo(ELephant calf)... It is my favourite animated movie...

And as everyone knows..animated movies are targetted for the younger audience...(or people who are young at heart)... So Fairy Tale Ending is a Must... You can't have a sad ending for a movie that will be watched by thousands of children worldwide...

2:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey terrible abt your mom - i hope she's better now..touch wood too.
i quite like fairy tale endings, dont you?
austere

3:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tabs: thanx ppl!

3:53 PM  
Blogger Naveen said...

just came to comment on ur last line
"dont know why people are obsessed with fairy tale endings?"

its so true..
people want all the happiness in life.. they are never satisfied with the way they are.. and want more happiness.

they should learn to move on with their life.. and accept whtever comes their way..

9:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info
» » »

1:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it » » »

4:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it looking for a hummer to buy in dubai skyline travel duluth Click marketing pay per submission umaxppc

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home