Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Sandy and I

Sandy always had muddied brown hair like that of a street urchin, as long as I can remember. He always seemed aloof to what was going on around him. This was ever since he had been separated from his mom and siblings.

Whenever my best friend and I would meet up for long talks, he would come and sit next to us lending us a ear. Sometimes he would sigh in disbelief listening to us.

A few months ago, one night as I was at my usual night vigil I saw something that surprised me. I saw Sandy standing at the entrance of the Kaveri Bar. A guy from the bar was standing next to him.I leaned from my window to see more but thats all I could see.

Shocked and surprised the next morning at breakfast I told my mom about the grave incident."Do you think he would possibly be drinking?",I had asked.My mom had laughed it off saying No, probably he must have gone there to eat some chicken or fish.

I breathed a sigh of relief.However the fact that he visited the Kaveri Bar didnt appeal to me.I had always thought he is much more polished.

Few days back while returning home, I saw a brown tail wagging outside the B.M.C dustbin.That had to be the last straw!"You bad dog!"I screameed.Sandy looked up saw me and grinned sheepishly.Then he hid inside the dustbin till I left the area. No more cookies for Sandy!