Thursday, February 03, 2005

Bar One!

Mr. Shetty owns the Kaveri Bar which is a restaurant cum bar close to where I stay. He is an extremely tall and thin man,who has a white beard and moustache and is always dressed in white.When I was in school I used to be scared of him.Whenever he passed by he represented the ghost of a dead coconut tree walking.

The people in my area expressed a lot of disappointment when he began running the bar in our area.They still wish that the bar did not exist.

But I think otherwise.The Kaveri Bar has been a source of great amusement for me. Many years ago,when all were fast asleep at night I remember a drunk man swearing loudly and running outside the bar.What followed was smashing of beer bottles...so many of them that the whole area around the bar was covered in glass.

There have been other incidents too of wives coming to pick their drunk husbands up from the bar at around 3 or 4 in the night.

The brawls I have witnessed seem to be straight out of some hindi movie.

But funniest incident was when two of my sisters guy friends after a hard day working out at the nearby gym stopped by.Since this was the only restaurant in my area, they decided to eat something here.They entered and were seated quietly at a table.It was only after a woman in a mini skirt and knotted T-shirt approached them(there are female bartenders/waiters here)that they raised an alarm and ran for the door!

Most of the times the bar is quiet except for the music being played there.When I sit up studying for my engineering exams I can always hear the music especially the song 'Bin Tere Sanam' which they play atleast 30 times every night.

Kaveri Bar is a quiet place most of the nights, even when then local police come secretly to demand their hafta (which happens to be a carton of beer or whisky).

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it dash car dvd players insurance life term versus

10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » » »

9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home