So Near Yet So Far!
Someone once asked me which is your favourite book. I still wonder...I have read a number of books. Starting with the Enid Blytons in school which were stacked all over the library alongwith the Nancy Drews and Hardy Boys Mysteries.
I still cant figure out the reason behind Potter mania cause years ago when Enid Blyton wrote incredible tales of goblins and fairies she was hardly paid a fraction of what J.K.Rowling earns per book today.Anyways that was yesterday.Among Enid Blytons books my all time favourite are the stories of the 'FARAWAY TREE.'
When I was a 3 year old and found it impossible to read large books my older sis would narrate them to me......sometimes with her own dose of crazy charachters and nutty fairies.Well when she would narrate the stories to me she would call herself Silky Fairy(one of the charachters in the book), till a point when she made me believe that she was Silky herself.Soon enough I learnt to read myself.And in school when all others would read St. Claire's and Mysteries of the Lost ...whatever, Id keep reading my tales of Silky and the Faraway Tree.
Somehow the whole concept of a faraway tree having magical lands on top of it (such as Rocky Land...a land that would keep on rocking,Birthday Land ..a land where you could celebrate your birthday and get to eat blue jelly and toffees that would unravel and pop into your mouth) sounded so amazing! Soon enough in school when all the other girls would have their noses buried in tales of Nancy Drew searching for the lost glove ,or book or diamond..I would remain in my LA-LA LAND.
Another one of my all time favourites will be' The Little Prince' by Antoine St. Exupery. This is one of the most amazing books I have ever read cause every day it seems a different book to me.It is sad that the author who wrote such a masterpiece died soon after writing it.It is sad that some of the best artists in the world never lived to relish the applause their works fetched.Kudos to all you guys!

1 Comments:
There was a time I would devour all those famous five series and all those hardy boy mysteries.
Then of course there was the Bobbsey twins...
Look back and you feel there is so much that i havent read....
Post a Comment
<< Home